Safety Precautions during the Covid 19 Pandemic
As long as Covid 19 remains an active public health threat my counselling service will be taking some simple precautions to provide protection for clients and myself for face to face work.
This is a period of rapid change for us all and the sources cited in this are updated frequently to reflect the latest information – please check the links provided to make sure the details are still relevant. Government, NHS and Public Health England.
It is important that you read the following information related to COVID 19 and what safety procedures have been put into place for everyone’s safety. This is not compulsory I can offer alternative appointments online, telephone sessions or walk and talk therapy.
As I work out of a room within a public building I will be following the guidelines of Fairkytes Art Centre, the government guidelines, the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapists (BACP) and my insurance company. These procedures are put in place for your and my safety.
Commitments to my clients
- If I feel unwell or I display any symptoms, I will inform you immediately and either rearrange your appointment or offer an online or telephone session instead.
- If I am diagnosed or told to self-isolate I will inform all clients of this. I will need to provide a list of people, I have come in contact with. In such circumstances I will inform the NHS track and trace service of my contact with my clients contact details, however I will not be divulging how we know each other.
- I will follow all regulatory requirements relating to social distancing. Maintaining a minimum of two meters at all times.
- I will wash my hands upon arrival at work and between each session.
- Contact surfaces in the therapy room which include chairs, door handles, office equipment and office furniture will be sanitised at the beginning of my working day and between clients.
- I will open the door to my therapy room for you at the beginning and end of the session.
- I will keep a window open during the session. I will also ‘air out’ the therapy room between sessions.
- I will no longer supply tissues; clients are encouraged to bring their own.
- I will provide a bin for tissues and make sure it is emptied between clients. I will take appropriate measures to prevent you or me coming in contact with the contents.
- Creative interventions can still be carried out, I will provide a pencil and sheets of paper. You may keep the pencil to use each time. I will be the only one handling things like emotions cards and other creative cards, stones or other creative interventions, if you are to touch any of the creative items they will be sanitised after use.
Requirements from my clients
- If you are feeling unwell or are displaying any symptoms, please do inform me straight away. I will either rearrange your appointment or move your session to an online or telephone appointment.
- Compliance with all regulatory requirements relating to social distancing. Maintaining a minimum of two meters distance from our therapists at all times.
- Allowing me to open the therapy room door for you upon arrival and leaving.
- Make use of the hand sanitiser provided throughout the building.
- I ask you not to touch any surfaces in the therapy room (apart from your chair).
- If you choose to bring your own drink, please ensure the bottle/cup is taken away with you.
A more in depth copy of my Covid Secure Workplace Contract can be downloaded as a PDF or will be sent to you if you would like to attend for face to face sessions.